Saturday, May 13, 2017

With a little help from my friends, Day 14

Planning my ordination service has been more emotionally charged than I originally anticipated. There are quite a few reasons for this that I will not explain in the moment. I knew I truly needed to finish things up today and I sat down to do just that while Josiah napped. I looked at my computer screen for far too long working and thinking and envisioning. I would add a song and then take it away. I would re-read a scripture reading that I planned to use and feel uncertain.  I simply could not get over the gnawing, uneasy feeling - something wasn't quite right, I just couldn't put my finger on what I was sensing. Finally I shot off a few texts to different friends. Within the next hour I had several conversations via text, email and phone - we seriously had it all covered. At the end of these conversations, everything had fallen into place. One friend/colleague identified the problem immediately. Once the problem was identified, it was much easier for all the other pieces to fall into place.

If I can offer one word today: reach out. No matter how self-sufficient you believe yourself to be, we need one another. We are not alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment